Texas Water Day
TWCA, through its Federal Affairs Committee, has scheduled its 13th Annual Texas Water Day for February 8-10, 2017, in Washington, D.C. Activities will include planning sessions, briefings, a working breakfast, a Congressional Reception, and coordinated trips to the Capitol to speak with congressional delegates and staff. Texas Water Day is an effort to inform Congress and committee and federal agency staffers of the critical water issues facing the state today. The Steering Committee is actively working to make Texas Water Day 2017 the best ever. A few of the highlights confirmed so far are listed below.
Texas Water Day 2017 Highlights:
- The Congressional Reception on Wednesday evening honoring our Texas Congressional Delegation:
- Texas Congressional Members confirmed to date include Jodey Arrington (new Member - Abilene/Lubbock), Pete Olson, and Bill Flores.
- MG Ed Jackson is confirmed and we are expecting many more USACE Headquarter, Southwest Division, and District commanders and staff.
- Chairman Bech Bruun of the Texas Water Development Board will be our special guest.
- The Speakers Series on Thursday morning will include both Congressional Members and Committee staff as well as speakers within the new Administration's transition team. We have confirmed the following speakers:
- Senator John Cornyn will keynote the event.
- We will have a special panel on WRDA 2016 with Geoff Bowman and Charles Brittingham who led the staff work on the bill in the House and Senate, respectively.
- USGS Assistant Director for Water, Dr. Don Cline, will join us.
- From the perspective of the transition team, two speakers will provide insights on the new Administration's approach to infrastructure and what to expect from a new EPA.
- Roy Wright, Deputy Associate Administrator at FEMA, will speak on FFRMS and NFIP.
- Carrying the Texas Water Day 2017 Priority Water Issues is scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday afternoon with participant teams visiting Texas Congressional offices to present our issues, concerns, and requests.
Registration, Hotel, and Sponsorships:
Click here to register now! The event will be held at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. The room rate is $249 pernight for a single/double. For reservations, call (202) 737-1234 and mention Texas Water Conservation Association or Click here to book your room online. Reserve your room by January 17th to get the special discounted rate!
The success of Texas Water Day is due to the participation of those of you who attend, serve on the Steering Committee, and serve as sponsors of the program. If you would like to sponsor the event, please fill out our online registration form.
Platinum Sponsorship: $1,000
Gold Sponsorship: $750
Silver Sponsorship: $500
Bronze Sponsorship: $350